Subscribers can typically be added in one of three ways:
- They can text in your keyword(s). You can view keyword information from your Manage Keywords page.
- They can sign-up via your sign-up page.
- You can add them manually from your Control Panel under the Subscribers tab, either one-by-one or by importing a spreadsheet.
Your account will come with at least one free "keyword." This is a word that people can text in to a particular number to be automatically added to your subscriber list.
For example, if your keyword was sale on the number 74121, people could send a text containing the word "sale" (no quotes) to 74121 and their number would automatically be added to your database.
People can sign themselves up for your text alerts by going to a free online sign-up page that comes with your account.
You can add subscribers manually by clicking the "Add a Subscriber" button on the Subscribers->Manage Subscribers tab on your control panel.
If you have a list of multiple subscribers that you want to add at once, you can set up a spreadsheet in the correct format and import it under Subscribers->Import Subscribers. You can read more about importing subscribers here.
Some tips for getting people to subscribe (and stay subscribed)
- Include instructions for texting in your keyword on every piece of marketing you have (newsletters, emails, physical mailings, storefronts, etc.).
- Put a link to your sign-up page on Facebook or other social media.
- Offer an incentive for subscribing, such as a discount, deal, or giveaway.
- You can take advantage of our monthly $250 Amazon gift card giveaway - All you have to do is opt in from your Settings and any new subscribers will be entered into our giveaway. You can then use that as an incentive (for example, "Our texting provider is running a $250 Amazon gift card giveaway! Subscribe to my text alerts to be entered...").
- Send valuable content so that people actually want to subscribe and want to remain subscribed.
- Don't send messages too often so that people don't get tired of you.
- If you have the chance to do a presentation of some kind to your audience, add one slide at the end that just says “Text ‘your keyword’ to xxxxx to receive our updates.” (You may be surprised how many people pull out their phones and text in right away.)
Start sending mass text alerts today with Mobile Text Alerts!