What are Phone Alerts?
As unlikely as it might seem, not everyone has a cellular phone with SMS messaging capabilities. With a text service alone, these people will be unreached. Phone are a great way to make sure even these people still get immediate access to your notifications.
How Does it Work?
Once you get Phone Alerts added to your account you will be able to record voice messages and then send them out to your subscribers (unlike your text service which will not include extensive voice capabilities).
Record Your Message
There are two ways to record a message:
- After the Phone Alerts feature is enabled for your account, go to the Phone Messages->Send a Message tab on your control panel. From there you will see two icons toward the top of your screen (see below). Click on the green icon to start recording and the “Stop” icon to stop the recording (note that this may not work for some browsers, and you will need to enable permission to access the microphone when you receive the prompt). After you have clicked the “Stop” icon, the page should refresh itself and your new recording should show up in the list of recordings under the “Select Message to Send” box toward the bottom of the page.
- After your account has been enabled for Phone Alerts you will receive a PIN. You can then dial 201-351-4428. The system will ask for your PIN and you you can follow the instructions that the system gives you to record your message. When you are done recording, your message will show up on a Phone Messages->Send a Message tab on your control panel.
Send Your Message
From the Phone Messages->Send a Message page you will first select whether you want your voice message to be sent out immediately, or if you want to schedule it to be automatically sent out at a later date/time.
Then you select which recipients you want to receive your message. You can do one of the following:
- You can check the “Send Message to All Subscribers” box. This will send your voice message to every number that is on your account.
- You can type in the name of one or more of your groups. This will only send your message to the members who are a part of that group (more on groups here).
- You can select recipients individually by checking the “Send Message” box of each number that you want to receive your message.
Lastly, scroll to the bottom of the page to select the message that you want to send. Click on the row of the message to highlight it. Then click “Send Phone Message” and your message will be sent!
To make sure that you have the right message before you send it, you can hear the pre-recorded message by clicking the “Preview Message” arrow. You can also search for messages using the search bar. (You can also click on the name of a message to rename it.)
How Much Does It Cost?
Phone Alerts plans are as follows:
- 500 calls/month – $15/month
- 2,000 calls/month – $48/month
- 5,000 calls/month – $115/month
- 10,000 calls/month – $222/month
You can add a Phone Alerts plan under your "Upgrades->Add Phone Alerts" page on your control panel.
Start sending mass text alerts today with our text service at Mobile Text Alerts!