Adding subscribers with the mobile app is a breeze!
There are a few different ways subscribers can be added to your Mobile-Text-Alerts.com account. A couple of these include:
- They can text in your keyword(s). You can view keyword information from your Keywords tab in your app.
- You can add them manually one-by-one or by importing an existing list.
Your account will come with at least one free "keyword." This is a word that people can text in to a particular number to be automatically added to your subscriber list.
For example, if your keyword was "sale" on the number 41372, people could send a text containing the word "sale" (no quotes) to 41372 and their number would automatically be added to your database.
If you're using the app you can view and manage your keyword(s) from the Keywords section. Open the navigation bar by clicking the icon with the horizontal lines on the top left corner of your app, then click the Keywords tab:
You can manually add subscribers from your app under the Subscribers tab:
Click the green "+" icon to add a new subscriber.
From your app you also have the option to import contacts from your phone if you tap the 3-dot icon on the top right and select the "Import Contacts" option:
(From your web control panel you can import a list of existing contacts via spreadsheet. More on that here.)
Other ways to add subscribers
People can sign themselves up for your text alerts by going to a free online sign-up page that comes with your account.
Editing and viewing the link for the sign-up page is not currently supported for the app but can be accessed via the web control panel. More info on the sign-up page can be found here.
You can share an automatically generated QR code with your audience, which they can scan using their smartphones in order to subscribe.
Editing and downloading your account's QR code(s) is currently not supported for the app but can be accessed via the web control panel. More info on the QR code sign-up feature can be found here.
You can integrate with existing services to load in your contacts from other platforms. Integrations are primarily handled via Zapier.com. More info on how to integrate via Zapier can be found here.
Some tips for getting people to subscribe (and stay subscribed)
- Include instructions for texting in your keyword on every piece of marketing you have (newsletters, emails, physical mailings, storefronts, etc.).
- Put a link to your sign-up page on Facebook or other social media.
- Offer an incentive for subscribing, such as a discount, deal, or giveaway.
- You can take advantage of our monthly $25 Amazon gift card giveaway - All you have to do is opt in from your web platform's "Settings" and any new subscribers will be entered into our giveaway. You can then use that as an incentive (for example, "Our texting provider is running a $25 Amazon gift card giveaway! Subscribe to my text alerts to be entered...").
- Send valuable content so that people actually want to subscribe and want to remain subscribed.
- Don't send messages too often so that people don't get tired of you.
- If you have the chance to do a presentation of some kind to your audience, add one slide at the end that just says “Text ‘your keyword’ to xxxxx to receive our updates.” (You may be surprised how many people pull out their phones and text in right away.)