Our spreadsheet feature allows you to import an existing list of contacts into your Mobile Text Alerts database.
You can upload an existing spreadsheet under your Contacts-->Import Contacts tab on your control panel.
But sometimes you may receive an error message when importing, or it may say "upload complete" even though it doesn't seem like any contacts have been added.
If you're running into issues importing your spreadsheet, here are some tips that may help:
- If you're seeing an error that you need either a phone or email column, that is indicating the column headings on the spreadsheet don't match the template required for the system to recognize it. If you can edit your spreadsheet to make the column headings match what is described here it should resolve that for you.
- If you try importing your spreadsheet and right away it says "upload completed" but it doesn't seem like the import was successful, this may mean there is some formatting or setup within the spreadsheet that may be hindering the upload. Here are 2 things you can try:
- Remove any excess empty rows or columns, save the spreadsheet, and try importing again.
- Copy all of the cells in the spreadsheet, open a new spreadsheet, and select "Paste special -> Paste values only" (or another similar option). Save and try importing the new spreadsheet.
- If you're seeing an error that you need to contact support to get spreadsheet imports enabled, contact us and we will review your account so that we can verify it in order to enable the spreadsheet import feature.
- What we’re doing: In order to help prevent spam, uploading a list or sending messages will require a manual review from our team to ensure that these are real contacts that have opted in to receive text messages from the account being reviewed.
- Why we’re doing it: SMS anti-spam regulations are strict, which goes a long way toward explaining why SMS spam is not nearly as large a problem as it is for email. But this also means that companies that provide SMS marketing and alerts software need to adopt strict anti-spam policies themselves, otherwise they will be subject to penalties. This policy helps us to maintain our zero-tolerance policy with SMS spam while continuing to provide an easy-to-use service to our customers.