Tired of no-shows to your Zoom meetings and webinars?
Here's a great way to drive up attendance (and post-event engagement): SMS reminders.
Check out the following video and the explanation below on how to integrate your Mobile Text Alerts account with your Zoom webinars and scheduled meetings.
This will allow you to send reminder texts as well as follow-up texts for your events so you can maximize attendance and engagement:
Connecting with Zoom
To integrate with Zoom, first make sure that "phone number" is an option on your Zoom meeting or webinar registration from.
You can then go to the Mobile Text Alerts page in the Zoom Marketplace and click the "Sign in to install" (or "Visit site to install") button:
This will create an account for you at Mobile Text Alerts (or will connect you with your already existing account).
Alternatively, you can access your Zoom integration from the "Webinars" tab within your Mobile Text Alerts platform. If you haven't yet connected, you can click the "connect" button from here.
(Note that if this tab does not appear on your screen, you can go into your Settings, select the "Industry" drop-down, and choose "Webinar Sales" as your industry. Then refresh the page or log out and log back in and the "Webinars" tab will appear.)
Setting Up Your Message Flow
You can connect to Zoom in your Mobile Text Alerts "Webinars" tab by selecting the "Add to Zoom" button under the "Connect Platform" section. Once you connect to Zoom, you'll be able to select whether you'd like to set up messages just for particular events, or for all events:
(Note that if you're setting up reminders for meetings, you'll need to make sure that the registration link for your meeting has a phone number field.)
You can then set up a flow of messages you'd like people to receive when they register for your meetings or webinars.
You can include an automated Welcome Message people receive immediately upon registering, and you can include as many reminder or follow up messages as you'd like to be sent before and after your event.
When editing or adding messages in the workflow, you'll be able to select how long of a timeframe before or after the event that you'd like the messages to go out.
The selection box on the right side of the screen allows you to insert some variables into your message, such as first name and the unique join link for your registrants.
The bar on the bottom left side will let you know how many messaging credits your message will use up. (Once you hit 160 characters in your message, it will count as 2 or more credits.)
The "Send Test" button will allow you to send the message to your own phone so you can see how it might look to your recipients.
Click "Save" to save any changes you make.
Managing Your Event Alerts
Once you're done setting up your message workflow, you can edit and manage it from your "Webinars" tab:
- Default Template
- Select Event - Select whether you'd like your message workflow to be scheduled for a particular meeting/webinar, or whether you'd like the message flow to be the default for future events as well
- Send Welcome Message Upon Registration - Toggle this on or off according to whether or not you'd like your registrants to receive a "welcome message" immediately upon registering
- Edit the content you'd like to include in your "welcome message" within this box
- Send Reminders/Follow-ups - Toggle this on or off according to whether or not you'd like your registrants to automatically receive the reminder/follow-up flow of messages that you've set up
- Click the "pencil" edit icon on any message to edit the content for that message
- Click the red "delete" icon to remove a message from the flow
- Click "Add More" to create a new message and add it to the flow
- Account Settings
- Webinar Alerts - Toggle this on or off according to whether or not you'd like your meeting/webinar registrants to receive any messages in your flow (including the welcome message and reminder/follow-up messages)
- Connected - From here you can connect and disconnect your Zoom integration
- Auto-Import New Events - Toggle this on or off according to whether or not you'd like your message flow to be automatically sent for any new scheduled meetings/webinars you add to Zoom
- Message Settings
- Upgrade Your Plan - Click here if you'd like to upgrade to a plan that allows more messages to be sent
- Auto Top-Up - Toggle this on or off according to whether or not you'd like to have additional message credits automatically purchased and added to your balance whenever you run out of messages
- If toggled on, you'll also be able to select how many messages you'd like the system to automatically purchase whenever you run out
- International Texts - Toggle this on or off according to whether or not you'd like to have international credits automatically purchased whenever a number outside of the US/Canada is added to your message flow
- International texts are billed separately from the credits allotted to your regular subscription
- If toggled on, you'll also be able to select the dollar amount of international credits you'd like the system to automatically purchase whenever you run out