Tired of no-shows to your webinars?
If you're a GoToWebinar user, you can take advantage of our direct SMS integration to drive up webinar attendance and engagement!
This will allow you to automatically send out reminder texts and follow-up texts so you can maximize attendance and engagement.
Connecting with GoToWebinar
To integrate with GoToWebinar, first make sure that "phone number" is an option on your GoToWebinar webinar registration from.
Then, in your Mobile Text Alerts platform, go to "Settings" and then select "Webinar Sales" from the drop-down menu for your Industry. Click "Save."
Then select the "Webinars" tab from your navigation bar.
Setting Up Your Message Flow
Connect to GoToWebinar by going to Connect Platform-->Other Platform, and selecting the GoToWebinar option.
Once you connect to GoToWebinar, you'll be able to select whether you'd like to set up messages just for particular events, or for all events.
Then you can set up a flow of messages you'd like people to receive when they register for your webinars.
You can include an automated Welcome Message people receive immediately upon registering, and you can include as many reminder or follow up messages as you'd like to be sent before and after your event.
When editing or adding messages in the workflow, you'll be able to select how long of a timeframe before or after the event that you'd like the messages to go out.
The selection box on the right side of the screen allows you to insert some variables into your message, such as first name and the unique join link for your registrants.
The bar on the bottom left side will let you know how many messaging credits your message will use up. (Once you hit 160 characters in your message, it will count as 2 or more credits.)
The "Send Test" button will allow you to send the message to your own phone so you can see how it might look to your recipients.
Click "Save" to save any changes you make.
Managing Your Event Alerts
Once you're done setting up your message workflow, you can edit and manage it from your Webinars tab:
- Default Template
- Select Event - Select whether you'd like your message workflow to be scheduled for a particular webinar, or whether you'd like the message flow to be the default for future events as well
- Send Welcome Message Upon Registration - Toggle this on or off according to whether or not you'd like your registrants to receive a "welcome message" immediately upon registering
- Edit the content you'd like to include in your "welcome message" within this box
- Send Reminders/Follow-ups - Toggle this on or off according to whether or not you'd like your registrants to automatically receive the reminder/follow-up flow of messages that you've set up
- Click the "pencil" edit icon on any message to edit the content for that message
- Click the red "delete" icon to remove a message from the flow
- Click "Add More" to create a new message and add it to the flow
- Account Settings
- Webinar Alerts - Toggle this on or off according to whether or not you'd like your webinar registrants to receive any messages in your flow (including the welcome message and reminder/follow-up messages)
- Connected - From here you can connect and disconnect your GoToWebinar integration
- Auto-Import New Events - Toggle this on or off according to whether or not you'd like your message flow to be automatically sent for any new scheduled webinars you add to GoToWebinar
- Message Settings
- Upgrade Your Plan - Click here if you'd like to upgrade to a plan that allows more messages to be sent
- Auto Top-Up - Toggle this on or off according to whether or not you'd like to have additional message credits automatically purchased and added to your balance whenever you run out of messages
- If toggled on, you'll also be able to select how many messages you'd like the system to automatically purchase whenever you run out
- International Texts - Toggle this on or off according to whether or not you'd like to have international credits automatically purchased whenever a number outside of the US/Canada is added to your message flow
- International texts are billed separately from the credits allotted to your regular subscription
- If toggled on, you'll also be able to select the dollar amount of international credits you'd like the system to automatically purchase whenever you run out