With your Mobile Text Alerts account, you get unlimited user seats for multiple people to log in and access your account.
There are a couple of reasons you may want to set up administrators.
- It allows multiple people access to send messages.
- It allows you to give people access to send messages without giving them access to manage account billing.
- It allows group leaders to send messages by texting in with their own personal phones.
This tutorial will walk you through the “Manage Users” page.
You can access this by clicking the "3 dots" icon on the top right corner of your screen when logged in.
Add a User
Click the “Add User” button to input a new user. You can then fill out the fields and click "Send Invite" to send an email invitation for the administrator to set up their profile. (More on what these fields mean below.)
Once the user receives the email and clicks to sign up,
You can add as many administrators on your account as desired.
- Email – The administrator will be able to log in with either their username or their email address in their login credentials.
- Groups – This field allows you to assign a user to be able to send messages to a specific group or groups. (More on groups here.)
- Permissions – Permissions are as follows:
- Administrator – Administrators have full access to the account, including billing.
- Manager – Managers will have full access to send messages to all subscriber, but will not be able to view or make changes to billing information.
- Agent – Agents will only have access to send messages to their assigned groups.
- Can Send to All Subscribers –This field allows you to designate whether or not you'd like a user to have access to send to all subscribers on the account at once.
Some other fields you'll see when editing a user's profile include:
- Username – This is the username that users can input on the login page in order to access the account and send messages. (Users can also use their email address as username when logging in.)
- Phone Number – If you or another user enters a phone number in this field, this will enable that number to send messages from your account by texting in to 229-299-8227. (More on that here.)
Edit a User
To edit the information for any user, click the "Details" button on the row of the user. That user's information will then appear on the right side of your screen.
From here you can edit the user's username, phone number, email address, permission level, assigned groups, and ability to send to all subscribers at once. Click "Save" at the top to save any changes.
Delete a User
If you would like to remove one or more user, click the "checkmark" on the row of the user(s).
Then click the "Delete” button to remove the selected user(s).
Or you can click the "Delete" (garbage bin) icon next to the user's username when the viewing the "Details" for their profile.
Other Things to Know
Use the search bar to search for specific users by username, email address, or phone number.
Click the "Groups" drop-down to filter users according to any groups they are assigned to.
Click "Select All" / "Clear All" to select or clear all user profiles on the current view.
Start sending mass text alerts today with Mobile Text Alerts!